Guilt Free Vegan Chocolate Protein Donuts
Posted July 26, 2021
If you are looking for a great guilt free dessert that is packed with protein, look no further. These fluffy baked chocolate peanut butter donuts are exactly what you need! They are EASY to make and easier to eat!
- 1 cup (153g) All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (57g) Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (57g) Vedge Peanut Butter Cup Protein
- 3 tbsp (15g) Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp (11g) Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup Soy milk
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 42g (¼ cup) Dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp room temperature maple syrup
- 1 tsp room temperature soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325F/163C. Set a silicone doughnut mold pan aside to have it ready. In a mixing bowl, combine together the all-purpose flour, chia seeds, protein powder, cacao powder, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix.
2. Then pour in the soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well, combined.
3. Spoon the batter into the doughnut mold, to make 6 doughnuts. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
4. For the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips in 10 sec increments in the microwave until the chocolate chips are softer. Then whisk with a fork and add the maple syrup and soy milk. Whisk until smooth. (It may clump up a bit but it will get smooth as long as you’re not using cold soy milk.)
5. Dip the chocolate doughnuts in the glaze to cover, or use a knife or silicone spatula to glaze them.
This recipe is freezer-friendly. Serves 7
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER WITH CODE: DOUGHNUT
TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
By Vedge Nutrition
Why You WANT Infinergy in Your Pre-Workout!🚀
Caffeine is the world’s most consumed drug. In this day and age, we see it utilized anywhere that requires a little extra ‘oomph’, such as a performance enhancer for exercise or just in our daily wake-up routine. Caffeine is a natural substance found in over 60 plants, and the good news is that the supplement industry has found even better ways to enjoy caffeine, especially for exercise performance.
How Your Purchase Makes A Difference 💚
At Vedge Nutrition, we understand the power of our customers' purchasing decisions and strive to make a positive impact on the world through our business. That's why we're proud members of 1% for the Planet, an organization that connects businesses with non-profits working to tackle our planet's most pressing environmental issues. Through our membership, we've had the opportunity to partner with the International Anti-Poaching Foundation (IAPF), a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting endangered wildlife and their habitats.
Creatine + The Brain: Why Creatine is a MUST HAVE
Commonly used by gym rats and fitness fanatics, creatine is undoubtedly the king of all nutritional supplements, and for the right reasons. It’s well-researched to support the body’s energy needs safely and effectively and has an extraordinary ability to help us exercise longer and harder while increasing our muscle gains. Additionally, as scientists continue to expand the research horizons, another noticeable effect of creatine has recently surfaced: cognitive support. As we add this to the list of benefits creatine provides, it can be very helpful to understand its precise effects on the brain.
The Importance of Supplements for Athletes
The point of deliberate exercise is to induce a workload on our bodies so that we adapt to similar stresses in the future. After we break down the body, it immediately works to repair itself. An important distinction with any type of training is that we never grow while we work out; only when we rest and recover. The right supplements and nutrition like calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin E are just a few highlights that help repair the body for the next stress load.